For now, just to keep us all inspired to move our bodies, here is a list I made for myself, “Why I choose to live an active lifestyle:”
· I love to eat. I love healthy food, and junk food, and all food. I love to eat just the right amount. Exercising helps me feel more connected to my body and therefore be able to better gauge how much food my body needs.
· I love to feel strong. I love to be able to hold my child when I need to, or when I just want to. I love to be able to carry a heavy box, or open a tight lid.
· I love to be in shape. I love to be able to walk up the stairs and not be out of breath. In fact, as I get more into shape, I’m happy when I see a set of stairs. I get to feel the activation of my muscles, a sensation that has actually become delicious over the years.
· I love to feel free. I love running and biking through the wind. I love to be able to run out of the car to quickly grab something I forgot inside, then run back, all with a smile on my face. I love to swim in the ocean and climb up a mountain.
· I love to have energy. I love to not only keep up with my kids, but actually enjoy chasing them, running with them and actively playing with them almost as much as they enjoy it.
· I love to breathe. I love to feel the blood and oxygen flow through my body.
· I love to feel my body. Exercise helps me feel comfortable in my body and in touch with the various parts that I’ve recently stretched, or exerted.
· I love to be actively involved in my health. When my neck is injured I love to be able to strengthen the muscles around it and to stretch the muscle that is tight. When my back is tight I love to be able to stretch it and to strengthen the abdominal muscles to support it.
· I love being responsible. I love knowing that I’m doing the best I can to take care of the instrument I was given to live my life through.
If you are looking for a great tool to help you feel inspired, as well as to give you many exercise routines you can do right in your own home, I highly recommend a program I just started called Mutu System. It's an amazing all-inclusive program. It's tailored for women who have given birth, but can also be done prenatally and many years after giving birth. It really is an amazing program. Even after exercising for many years and being quite in shape this program has been able to meet my needs. It is gentle enough for me to take good care of my pelvic floor and my split abdominal muscles, while also exercising my lower body intensely and getting me into great shape. I have been loving the program, from perfect nutrition tips and alignment guidance, to stretching and strength exercises. The best part is that I do it in my own living room. To find out more about it I suggest you take a look at it here MuTuSystem. I find that it complements the manual guide,